50 to 11 are all variations on the same theme - "it's better than the alternative." I may not be 6 feet above ground level, but neither am I 6 feet under. Here's the other reasons I'm feeling pretty good today:
10. Good health. I'm in good shape. I did 50 pushups this morning just for fun.
9. Most of the people I hang out with socially think I'm just a kid (in comparison).
8. People over 50 get it when I tell them our three kids are named Vera, Chuck and Dave. One of my kids gets it, too.
7. If you're 50 plus you've probably seen original episodes of The Brady Bunch, Star Trek, Mission Impossible, Batman and Lost in Space.
6. The Mayor of my city, the Prime Minister of Canada and the President of the United States are all younger than me.
4. At this point my future boss at Wal-Mart has already been born. And someday I'm going to be the best damned Greeter that place has ever seen!
5. Hawaii celebrates its 50th year as a state this year. Coincidence? Yes.
4. I've been married for more than half my life. The better half.
3. When my kids did essays and projects on Kennedy or Trudeau or JPII, I had personal insights to share. And they'll have Obama...
2. The ladies in the Catholic Women's League think I'm a nice young man.
1. They're right.